Yikes. Remember this fabric? I made a shirt for G. out of it last week. And today using the remnants and quite a bit of monkey work, made myself one too. I decided to make a second Deer & Doe Airelle Blouse, although unlike the first one I made, this time I’d do the longer sleeves. I figure the lightness of the lawn fabric and the longer sleeves will suit both the heat and required conservativeness in dress for Gujarat.
So cutting out the fabric required a bit of creativeness. There wasn’t quite enough fabric, or rather not enough fabric in the right places to put the yoke, collar or facing on the fold. So I had to sew numerous pieces of fabric together, in order to then cut out those pieces. Also the underside of the collar is made from other scraps as there just wasn’t enough fabric. So I’m feel pretty good for having used up all the fabric! And am supper chuffed with how it turned out – I love the sleeves! I think this blouse has just turned into my new favourite pattern.