So I made brownies and mulled over the problem of the bulging fabric on my Meringue skirt. I called my mom on skype, she had me model said skirt and we assessed my options. We worked out that if I sucked my tummy in really tight, said buldge of fabric mostly disappeared. Grrr. We agreed that if I was to selvage this particular skirt maybe extending the darts an inch and a half might help.
I thought about having a cup of tea and a brownie before attempting but decided not. I measured the extension I wanted, sewed them in nicely, pressed and then when to try it on. And guess what? Always have a cup of tea before attempting alterations, cause i just extended the back darts (not the front!). Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.
So I unpicked the damn extensions I put on the wrong darts, and then had a cup of tea with a brownie or two.
Then I tried again, I extended the darts by an inch and a half. I also took in the side seams, starting 4 and half inches from the top, and gradually taking in a bit (slightly less than 1/2 an inch at the widest part).
And its looking ok. It still isn’t as smooth as I would like at the front, but it is much better. I’ll post photos another time.Now I am turning my attention back to the plate of brownies. Which may or may not be a contributing factor to the fitting challenges.