It’s been ages since I’ve sewn anything. Mainly because my iron went kaput. Luckily it was still under warrenty and it has now been replace. But I’ve also been holding back on starting new projects in anticipation of Indie Pattern Month (IPM) in June.
So I’ve spent alot of time planning my IPM projects and purousing other blogs. I was really excited to come across ‘Mend it May‘ which is all about getting people to think about mending things before discarding. This may come more easiliy to many in the sewing community, but I must admit that although I don’t discard my things in need of mending, they do get relegated to a heap. It was quite furtuitous really coming across this blog when I did, as my heap is quite large: jeans, shirts, cardigans (both mine and G.’s) are in desperate need of attention.
As I’m not wanting to start new projects before IPM commences, it seemed like the perfect time to get mending! Some of these jobs were bigger than others, but I decided just to start at the top of the pile and work my way down.
In total I patched the seat of 3 pairs of trousers and 1 sleeve, fixed 4 random tears, reinforeced the armholes of 3 shirts. Not bad for a Saturday afternoon. Some of my less pretty but very functional patching jobs.
I only managed to get two of my own garments mended before I got bored. Hopefully next time I’ll get to a few more.