Last year I participated Crafting A Rainbow’s end-of-the-year sewing round-up, looking back at sewing hits and misses, reflections and goals. It was really interesting to go back through all the projects of the year: I made 42 items in total! 34 for me and 8 for others (though several pairs of underwear which I counted as separate items so its not really that many things).
My choice of fabric and patterns, as well as my sewing is getting better. This year narrowing down to my Top 5 Hits was much harder. 4 out of the 5 top hits are patterns that I have made several times already this year and become wardrobe staples.
- Ginger Jeans (version 1, 2 & 3) – I’ve made three pairs now and they feel like the biggest achievement ever!
- Linden Sweater – This sweater never ceases to make me smile or to elicit exclamations from people about puffins! I’ve made myself two and my BFF one.
- Cycling kit – This definitely took me outside my comfort zone but it was also so exciting to realize I can make my own gear. Especially as RTW cycling clothes for women can be quite boring or prohibitively expensive.
- Biscayne blouse – The design of this top is just great and I’ve made myself three versions (1, 2 & 3).
- Version C of the Bonnie Top – Like most of the 5 hits of the year, I’ve made this top several times now and get tons of wear out of both version 1 & 2.
Next week I’ll post my #Top5Misses….