Another D&D Givre Dress

With no money and little time, having a new dress for my eighth wedding anniversary this month put me in a sewing quandary. I could of course wear something I've already got, but nothing seemed quite right. So I set out to carefully search my fabric stash  and comb through my patterns, hoping that I could... Continue Reading →


Pattern hack

I'm pretty excited about this project, a pattern hack bringing together various elements I love from different patterns. The fabric is 100% tencil twill I got from Blackbird Fabrics. Tencil has been popping up in my various social media feeds for a while, but its a the first time I've worked with it. Having ordered... Continue Reading →

Deer&Doe Givre Dress

After making the Givre top ( Version B sleeveless, with a scoop neck)a few weeks ago, I was pretty excited to make myself the Givre Dreess. I combined the aspects of version A and B which I liked most: the higher neck and 3/4 sleeves from version A but without the contrasting yoke like version... Continue Reading →

Alder shirtdress

I've been humming it's the most, wonderful time of the year..... and not because its Christmas in 171 days. But because it is Indie Pattern Month! Woop woop. And week's theme is 'dresses'. Cause I've already prattled on and on about this over on the Monthly Stitch blog, I'll spare you further rambling other than the... Continue Reading →


This month I am participating in a little sewing competition hosted by Tools by Hollie. Essentially the competition is to sew an outfit to go with a set of accessories. You get to choose either 'Bright' or 'Black and White'. While normally you'd never catch me dead in the 'Bright' accessories, I immediately knew what... Continue Reading →

A new skirt for all my tights

I really love tights. Particularly hose. screen-printed tights. I've got about 6 pairs. But very few things to wear with them. The other day I realised what I really needed was a nice little jean skirt. The moss skirt from Grainline Studios seemed like the perfect pattern. While I was trying to make room in... Continue Reading →

It’s all about the fabric

My friend Candice got married yesterday in a beautiful ceremony - and almost as important - in a beautiful dress. It was really stunning. Later in the evening as the reception really got swinging she changed into something special. A little dress I made for her. When she asked last summer if I'd make her... Continue Reading →

A good dress

When I was a kid I always had one good dress. It came out for birthday parties and special occasions. I got to choose the fabric myself for most of them as as I got older the pattern too: one was white with print of little pink bows and it had matching pink bow buttons; another was... Continue Reading →

Understated elegance

Having made myself a previous version of the Pleated Pencil Skirt from Delia Creates, I was ready venture into the land of sewing with tweed. I knew as soon as I found this fabric on my trip to Edinburgh that I wanted a pencil skirt out of it. It's a light weight wool from Moon... Continue Reading →

Create a free website or blog at

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: