Lakeside shorts

While I was in Mexico I wore my Lakeside pajamas (pattern from Grainline Studios) every night. I really like the style of the shorts and started thinking about making a pair for day wear - something that would be casual and comfortable.  Initially I was hoping I would have enough scraps of the lovely green... Continue Reading →


Tweed shorts

Over two years ago I promised my BFF a pair of Tweed shorts - we were on a tweed buying spree in Edinburgh. She bought just over a meter and I dutifully promised to whip her up some shorts. But the fabric has languished in my fabric stash unused, though not quite forgotten. Now that... Continue Reading →

My newest pair of Ginger Jeans

If you read my post a few weeks ago about selecting the right denim for ginger jeans, you'll know that I've been agonizing over the right amount of stretch and size for quite a while. In the end, the denim I chose has about 12% stretch  and I made a size 10. Now that they... Continue Reading →

Choosing the right denim for my ginger jeans

I made myself three pairs of Ginger Jeans which fit perfectly (vs 1, 2&3), but my fourth pair were ridiculously too small; which left me puzzled. Aside from the obvious possibility that I'd gone up a size (which as far as I was aware I hadn't), it had the same amount of elastine as previous... Continue Reading →

Jedediah pants!

It was with much trepidation that I embarked on the Jedediah pants from Thread Theory.  as part of G.'s Christmas present I had promised him a pair. I found some nice black babycord (from Truro fabric) which G liked - when it arrived it felt a bit lighter than I had expected but I think... Continue Reading →

Ginger jeans hack

At the moment the main thing I wear every day is 'dog walking' jeans. Ie the torn and dirty jeans I wear to take the dog for a walk every day. Not having any work has meant that I rarely gravitate to my dresses and nice blouses anymore. In fact if I'm going out and... Continue Reading →

RTW Copycat with Fehr Trade

For the final IPM2016 contest  it's RTW Copycat which asks us to be 'inspired by a RTW (ready to wear) image and recreate that look using indie patterns. Your image might be from the catwalk, a magazine or a shop brochure'. My inspiration comes from Sweaty Betty's cycling collection and I'm reacreating the look with two... Continue Reading →

One pattern, two ways: Ginger Jeans

It's already the 2nd week of June and that means the 2nd IPM2016 contest: One pattern, two ways. For this conest we're challenged to make two garments using the same pattern. You may make the same view twice or two different views/options of the same pattern. I decided to make Version A & B of... Continue Reading →

January Jeans

One of my  New Year's Resolutions was to make myself a pair of jeans. So when Handmade by Chris announced Jeans in January, it seemed like the perfect incentive to jump straight in. I've been eyeing up the Ginger Jeans from Closet Case for ages now and  decided I'd have a go at making them.... Continue Reading →

Create a free website or blog at

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: