Another Moss Skirt

Last year at the Great British Sewing Bee - Live show, I discovered the amazing stall of Holland and Sherry and their most luxurious fabrics. I indulged and bought myself five fabrics, ranging from silk/cashmere blends to worsted wools. I was amazed at how relatively affordable they were but since then, have been too afraid... Continue Reading →


MMM17 Week 2

It's been another lovely week - a few new makes and a few old favorites. I'm still loving the challenge! Day 8: Happily pulled on some cozy tights to wear with my jean skirt (moss skirt pattern from grainline studios. Day 9: I wore my new bonnie top from Blue Ginger Doll. I love this fabric from... Continue Reading →


This month I am participating in a little sewing competition hosted by Tools by Hollie. Essentially the competition is to sew an outfit to go with a set of accessories. You get to choose either 'Bright' or 'Black and White'. While normally you'd never catch me dead in the 'Bright' accessories, I immediately knew what... Continue Reading →

A new skirt for all my tights

I really love tights. Particularly hose. screen-printed tights. I've got about 6 pairs. But very few things to wear with them. The other day I realised what I really needed was a nice little jean skirt. The moss skirt from Grainline Studios seemed like the perfect pattern. While I was trying to make room in... Continue Reading →

A new pencil skirt

As I wanted a little more practice with my machine on an easy pattern before delving into some of my daunting New Year's Resolutions, I decided to return to anther old favorite: Butterick B5466. I've made a few variations of it now, including a great denim version of D which I wore just the other... Continue Reading →

The Maxi Skirt – a sob story

So I’ve been thinking about making a maxi skirt for a while now but faced a few dilemmas. To start with, for a relatively simple skirt I can’t quite bear to spend money on a pattern and there are lots of free tutorials out there. But  I’ve felt, how shall I say, ill at ease... Continue Reading →

Blog at

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: